- 2 Aug Use IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Crypto Services to Encrypt VMware Disks
- What it says on the tin: a tutorial on how to use IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Crypto Services to Encrypt VMware Disks
- 13 Dec Create a Secure Server-Side Application Where All Data Is Encrypted in Flight, at Rest, and in Use
- I helped create this server-side application, written in Swift. It acts as the backend for the mobile application and interfaces to an instance of IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS service on the backend.
- 13 Dec Create a Secure Mobile Application Where All Data Is Encrypted in Flight, at Rest, and in Use
- I helped with the creation of this code pattern: an iOS app that integrates with a secure mobile backend as a service (MBaaS).
- 17 Sep Podcast on CICS: Terminal Talk
- I was interviewed for Terminal Talk with Mark Cocker, talking about CICS.
- 27 Feb Integrating Systems of Record Applications With IBM Blockchain
- I was invited to present on a demo I helped create, linking Blockchain to an existing system of record application.
- 21 Jul Scripting with z/OS Provisioning Toolkit: Removing Old Containers
- I wrote a script to be able to remove all z/OS PT containers in the system older than x days. This can then be scheduled to run every night, to ensure developers don’t leave their CICS regions (or any other container contents) sat around unnecessarily.
- 1 May IBM CICS Asynchronous API Allows for More Natural Program Creation
IBM Systems Magazine
- A magazine article on the new CICS Asynchronous API that I helped design and develop.
- Using Microservices on z Systems With CICS Improves Flexibility and Reliability
- I wrote an article describing ideas for employing microservice architectural patterns on IBM Z.
- IBM Systems Master Inventors Driving Innovation for 2017
- I was featured in an article with other new IBM Master Inventors.
- Podcast: CICS TS V5.4 open beta – CICS microservices
- I was interviewed on the Did you Say Mainframe? podcast.
- How to use the CICS Asynchronous API Commands
- I wrote an article on the CICS Asynchronous API, demonstrating the passing of information from a parent to a child program.
- IBM CICS Team Finds Success by Hiring Young People Eager to Solve Problems
- I was featured in an article on what the IBM CICS team is doing to hire and train younger folks on mainfarme systems. Check it out!
- Discovering CICS Web Services with IBM API Management
- This article describes how to set up and run a service discovery application, which can be used to advertise CICS web services (composed of WSDL and WSBind file pairs) to IBM API Management.
- IBM WebSphere Appliance Management Center for WebSphere Appliances
- I co-authored an IBM Redbook on WebSphere Appliance Management Center.
- Quick Man Page Lookup
- A shell function to quickly look up options in man pages.
- Send reddit Saved Links to Pinboard
- A simple script that transfers saved links on reddit to your Pinboard account.
- Notes on My Backup Strategy: The Voldemort Approach
- A short article about my backup ideas and workflow.
- Simple Python Completion Source for Auto-Complete
- Dynamically complete symbols in Python buffers in Emacs.
- Horcrux: A Wrapper for Duplicity
- Backup to different devices with common settings easily and quickly.
- How to Backup Your Pinboard Bookmarks
- A simple shell script to copy your Pinboard bookmarks to your local machine for backup.
- How to Backup Your Instapaper Links
- A simple shell script to copy your Instapaper links to your local machine for backup.
- Wordpress Breadcrumbs
- ‘Breadcrumbs’ menu, written in PhP. Works out of the box with Wordpress.
- CSS Hacks
- Old CSS hacks, kept here for prosperity.
- DOM Image Rollover
- Introduction to CSS
- An introduction to CSS.